Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I told myself time had stood still

Sometimes I think I was born on the wrong century. Don't get me wrong, I love modernity and the times we live in have lots of perks (can you say smartphone?). However, I do like to pretend from time to time like I'm from another era at least to crack myself up. I mean, I would've been a kick-ass lady-in-waiting, although I hate to wait for anything. And I can totally see myself in Paris at it's literary golden age in the 20s, drinking wine with Ernst and hanging out at bars waiting to be someone's muse. Salvador's for sure. Or maybe Pablo's. And yeah, you guessed it, I loved "Midnight in Paris". 

I like this outfit because of the mix of elements. The hat has a nostalgic feeling to it, and mixed with the vest can be sort of Annie Hall-ish. The simple maxi dress is so comfy for summer, is one of those cheap buys that you feel lucky to have thought of. And my poor belt that saves me all the time, perfect for getting the right proportions. Throw in the typical streetmarket bag and wooden wedges, and you have a lifesaver combo. I happen to love it. It's finally Wednesday people, hang in there!

Algunas veces pienso que nací en la época equivocada. No me malinterpreten, me encanta la modernidad y los tiempos en los que vivimos tienen muchas ventajas (gracias, smartphones). Sin embargo, me gusta pensar de vez en cuando que estoy en otra época al menos para partirme de risa. Osea, quien niega que hubiera sido un crack como dama de compañía, aunque odio tener que esperar a nadie. Y bueno, me veo claramente en el París de la era dorada literaria de los años 20s, bebiendo vino con Ernst y esperando en un bar a convertirme en la próxima musa de alguien. De Salvador, por ejemplo. O igual de Pablo. Y sí, lo adivinaron, me encantó "Midnight in Paris".

Me gusta este look por la mezcla de elementos. El sombrero tiene un aire nostálgico y mezclado con el chaleco puede recordar un poco a Annie Hall. El sencillo maxivestido negro es tan cómodo para el verano que me felicito a mi misma por una compra tan barata y acertada. Y mi pobre cinturón que no paro de ponerme y me saca de mil apuros para conseguir las proporciones adecuadas. Le pones el típico bolso de mercadillo, cuñas de madera y listo, combo salvavidas. A mi me gusta, al menos. Ya es miércoles señores, ¡Aguante del bueno!





Pictures: Raquel Expósito
Dress, hat: H&M
Vest: Zara
Shoes: Stradivarius
Street market bag

23 comments:

  1. Love you're outfit :)
    Kisses, http://zapatodetacon.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo siempre sueño con la Inglaterra del siglo XIX... Soy muy Jane Austen jajaja
    Me encanta el outfit, el chaleco es precioso

    Moda Descomprimida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Jane, nunca falla! Otra de las épocas, así sea solo por Mr. Darcy. Besitos

      Delete
  3. I also have a bag like this from a market on one of my holidays! Love it and this is the perfect laid back summer outfit

    http://mademoisellecharlotteanne.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, quite the lifesaver for those times when you don't know what to mix and match! Kisses

      Delete
  4. Precioso vestido :)
    http://mismusthave.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. En cuanto he comenzado a leer el post me ha venido a la cabeza justamente esa peli de Woody, si no la habias visto te la iba a recomendar ;)
    Me encanta el sombrero, y el vestido es precioso. Muy guapa!

    xoxo

    eri
    tissuesandfeelings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias guapa! Es un peliculón, soy muy de Woody pero esta, a pesar de ser más comercial, me ha tocado una fibra sensible y me chifla. Besitos

      Delete
  6. me gusta el chaleco y el toque del hat
    muy trendy
    besos

    thechicmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing look! The vest is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Look and Style dear :) I love maxi dresses! Some days ago I combined a black maxi dress too :)

    Maybe we could follow each other with GFC and Facebook?

    Greetings

    http://bouquet-defleurs.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me gusta muchisimo el estilo del look, el chaleco le da un toque.
    Yo también me veo en esa época, en los locos años 20. Cuando vi "The Artist" deje el cine lleno de babas viendo el vestuario...que maravilla....
    http://eldeveryi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UUU todavía me falta The Artist y seguro estaré igual que tu, es que es una era genial! Ya te cuento a ver si POR FIN tengo tiempo de sentarme a verla! Besazos guapa!

      Delete
  10. love you style, I'm following you.
    and I feel as you do, like I'm from another time, the same feeling of the Midnight in Paris movie.
    http://www.shakespearedebatom.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Luiza! In the end it is true! Like on the movie! We're never satisfied.

      Delete
  11. I love your style, the hat is amazing :)

    Fashion room lounge

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. me gusta!!! el vestido es muy mono y con el chaleco mas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow love this look....
    the dress is so nice and cool, love it!!!!!
    XOXO

    http://www.mybetterhalf-mybetterhalf.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  14. me gusta mucho el estilo!!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Genial post, nos encanta.
    Tu blog es muy inspirador, maybe want to follow each other? :)

    http://fashiono2.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely outfit, your bag is very nice.
    X Jane

    http://thetaleoftwobuttons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE THE WHOLE LOOK!
    If i was in the same road with you, I'll definitely take a pic of you and post it on my blog,
    captioned "Fashion darling spotted!"

    :)

    www.isle-of-view.blogspot.com
    follow me?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. You should not use statins if you day for a workweek, so add a fiddling more than for
    the mo hebdomad. It is known that all tissues in
    the than 250 mg of Cholesterol should be consumed each day.
    And their higher PFOA levels foods may deter smoke. high school-fat and low-fiber
    diets tie-in of the most unremarkably cited sources of soluble fibre.


    Feel free to surf to my website - cholesterol in high treating pbc

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, they make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...